What we tend to lose sight of

Saying "Thank you" or telling gratitude to people who provides something to you is really important for your life. you might be inclined to forget to show gratitude for people around you in daily life. However, you should rethink them. You are supported, loved, and believed by them. It is time to say thank you. 

A week after the welcome week ceremony, I got COVID. I could not believe that I had covid and I had to be isolated for 6days. Actually, I felt left behind others because it was the first week of class beginning and I could not listen to "real English" for 6 days. However, my friends came to my apartment and brought me something. I never imagined that they would come. It was a blessing for me and at the same time, I realized that I was so full of myself and I could not afford to think about others. They did not want returns from me but they just did something for me. If I were them, I have no idea whether I could do the same as them. I felt I really owed them gratitude. For the past two weeks, I have had enough room in my heart to be of service to others. I totally forgot to tell gratitude because I could not notice the "normal life". 

I realized that I am supported by others and I have to serve what I can do for them. I should not consider normal life as normal life. It must consist of much love from someone. It might be usual to forget to tell thanks because it is difficult to notice service from someone and you can notice when you go wrong. What you tend to lose sight of should not be lost of sight. It is time to say thank you to the people around you. 









Comments

  1. Reading this post was so heart warming. It stinks to get sick, but it rocks when your friends come through. I think people are forgetting about the common manners such as, thank you's, holding the door, and saying bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post was a highlight of my night. While the covid part of your story wasn't great, I feel the reminder to say thanks to friends and family is a necessary one and more people need to hear it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment