HAVING RESPONSIBLITY

 Having responsibility for my decisions is the most difficult but the most important. 
 In my country, most students will start job hunting at the end of their junior year, and when the time comes, they will graduate through what is considered the "normal path". Honestly, when I talked about my study abroad in junior year, they asked me about my job hunting. I thought I had to start job hunting at my age, which is called a stereotype. I planned to expand my college year to study abroad but sometimes I feel anxious about job hunting.
 However, I see or hear friends at ONU who have responsibility for their decisions such as changing majors or transferring even though these are not easy. I'm always impressed by them. I sometimes feel anxious about living a university life that is different from that of the average Japanese university student, but whenever I see friends at ONU I can feel that I am having an experience that others cannot experience, and also that will feed my life. Doing different things from others might be scary but I want to have responsibility for my decisions and I want to work hard and experience enough at ONU to feel confident in my decisions when I leave here. 




Comments

  1. I very much appreciate this viewpoint Aika! Job hunting is something that still hovers around my head all the time. Finding internships have been less than fruitful for me as of late, especially with the lack of help career fairs offer me. Diverging paths are always interesting and fun to explore. I can't wait to see where both of ours lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The job hunt can create some real stresses, and I've been in your shoes before. Last semester, I was hunting for an internship and can speak to the anxiety that this search can create. Looking forward, I'm attempting to work in Europe next summer and fall, so your perspective on doing things that the average student cannot experience was both revealing and exciting for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment