Preparation for Winter

 This weekend I went to Columbus, which is a bigger city than Ada. Usually, I don't leave Ada even on weekends, so it was such a mini trip for me. I went to the Tanger Outlet to prepare for the winter. 

 This year will be the first time to spend winter in Ohio and no one say comfortable winter here, but they say it is crazy. I don't usually see snow in winter so when I see it in my home I'm so excited and enjoy the snow. Therefore, I'm a little excited to spend winter here but I've heard that the temperature is freezing. Also, even classes will be canceled. I cannot imagine that. 
Actually, the temperature in the fall here is similar to that in winter in Japan. As for me, the fall temperature is enough cold. I'm excited to see snow but I'm worried about whether I could survive winter here. 

 I went there to prepare for winter and find some snow boots. Even now I cannot believe that I must wear snow boots in winter though I will not go skiing. I don't know whether it is still early to prepare for winter or not, I couldn't find my favorite snow boots this time, but I could find one in the online store. the stores were full of winter clothes and items and they made me feel real winter is coming soon. The mini trip for winter preparation was so amazing. I enjoyed preparing for winter and I hope I could enjoy winter here as well.



Comments

  1. Being from Tennessee, it doesn't snow there much either, so I definitely remember my first Winter in Ada. Although I do usually see snow every year in Tennessee, compared to Ada where the snow stayed on the ground for over a month it is completely different. Getting some winter gear definitely wouldn't hurt to get, but I'm sure you'll survive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never too early to get prepared for winter in Ohio. The weather here can be really unpredictable so you never know when the first snow storm or the first really cold days will come. Better to be prepared than unprepared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Akia, coming in from Upstate New York, winter is something I've come to know very well. Like Lucas said, never to early to prepare! I'd be most concerned about the Ada winds, and having a jacket with a shell to break it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The winter here in Ada is even colder than in my family home in Ohio. It always seems to be about 10 degrees colder here than at my home. The cold weather last Monday snuck up on a lot of us and I am not looking forward to more of it. It’s good to be prepared. I prefer buying my shoes in the stores to be honest since my shoe size is so specific. I am glad you got a little break from school even if it was not the most fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter in Ohio is a whole different animal. We're in a unique place in the country where large swings of temperatures can occur resulting in large storms forming all the time. Winter is even more weird becasue the sun goes away for much of it and in certain conditions snow can multiply if Lake Erie isn't frozen. This "lake effect" often doesn't reach down here, but when it does it is rough. Boots are a must, so you are already halfway to being prepper for winter here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment